Mortgage News

Documents You Need Based on the Type of Mortgage

August 19th, 2015

No matter the loan program you choose, you need to show the lender these documents or pieces of information:
  1. Name, address and phone number of your current landlord (if you rent).  Most recent mortgage statement  (if you own). 
  2. Copies of your W2 for 2013 and 2014
  3. Full tax returns for 2013 and 2014
  4. ALL pages of your bank statements for the last two months. Make sure your full name, full account number and bank name appear on the statement.
  5. Pay stubs for the last 30 days
  6. Most recent 401k, mutual funds statement (if you have a 401k) with all pages included
  7. Most recent mutual funds, bonds, and/or stocks account statement
  8. If applicable: proof from the court you receive or pay alimony and/or child support. Along with divorce/separation and/or custody documentation
  9. Copy of driver’s license
  10. Credit report – the loan officer will pull it for you
  11. Any other credit documents- such as bankruptcy, foreclosure documents. 
*Based on the loan program, you will need to bring additional documentation.*


VA Loans

  • Statement of Service
  • Current orders
  • If you’re active duty, you need to complete DD1880 (request for eligibility)
  • If you’re a veteran, you need to provide DD214 
  • Letter from childcare provider, if applicable
  • Homebuyer certification
  • Most recent 3-year tax returns (2012, 2013, 2014)
  • Most recent 3-year W2s (2012, 2013, 2014)
Self-Employed Borrower
  • Two years of signed tax returns with all the tax schedules
  • YTD company profit/loss statement

Tidewater Home Funding

Tidewater Home Funding, LLC NMLS# 41552
Equal Housing Lender.

Licensed in Virginia, North Carolina & Florida.

VSCC Bureau of Financial Institutions, P.O. Box 640, Richmond VA 23218-0640, (1-800-552-7945)

00facebook 00twitter 00lin 00yelp

Search Our Site